Images Has Lines Through It

Decorating By Lakelover Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 5:40pm by icingimages

Lakelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lakelover Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:38am
post #1 of 6

I have a gold series Cannon less the 8 months old. The black is the color the is not printing completely. Cartridge has ink. It came with head cleaner (icing images) but no directions how to clean the head? Need to be able to print this weekend. Any suggestions?

I have had problems access Cake Central too this week?

Thanks & Blessings
Tonya usaribbon.gif

5 replies
KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:58am
post #2 of 6

Mine has had the same problem. But my head can't be accessed. Usually, the printer itself with have a cleaning option. Try that. And use regular paper, so to not waste your edible images. (It prints test pages after you clean, to see if the lines are still there.)

One thing that was really really weird with mine. If I printed from Word, I got streaks. But if I printed from Preview, I got a perfect picture. I have NO idea how one program can cause lines and not the other. Needless to say, I didn't try to figure it out...I just printed from Word.

Not sure if this helped at all, but good luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

Hi. the lady at icing images is a member here. p/m her and she will help you. She is always helping out with this problem. hth Look under forums and you will see icing images.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 4:59am
post #4 of 6

If you can take the head out hold it over some steam (I use a tea kettle), then tap it on a folded up paper towel. Do that a few times until the black starts to show up on the paper towel. The ink gets clogged in the print head causing lines. I also, do a test print on regular paper so I don't waste the edible paper.

Lakelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lakelover Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 6

I can take the ink cartriges out and the black seems to be coming out fine? totally lost on this one

thanks for the ideas and feedback..keep them coming

Blessings
Tonya usaribbon.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 6

Hi Tonya,
If you are an Icing Images customer you always have access to our support section on our website at www.icingimages.com You have to be a customer of ours in order to access it as you have to sign in, but it is there for you on weekends. The cleaning instructions are there as well, I will try to attach them. Also Tonya, make sure your settings are correct, again, you can access that info by signing in to our website and accessing the support documentation on setting up your Canon printer. Also, remember to use your printer at least once per week for optimum results.

Hi Kate
The reason why you get two different outputs is that the programs probably have different print settings. Plus a graphics program prints different then a document program. With our inks we use Matte or Paper type and thats all you change for the settings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%