Need Help Fast! Crumbling Fbct??

Decorating By JMWhite Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 3:10am by cabecakes

JMWhite Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:20am
post #1 of 5

This is my first post here. I made a frozen buttercream transfer (FBT) and it crumbled when trying to flip over. Does anyone know how to transfer without falling apart??

Thanks in Advance!

4 replies
cabecakes Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:34am
post #2 of 5

You will have to let it freeze solid, about 30-45 minutes. Once you take it out of the freezer, you have to work fast. Lie your figure on a flat surface and gently drag the wax paper down over the edge of the table to remove the wax paper from the transfer. Only remove half the transfer and then turn around and do the opposite side. Once the transfer is free from the wax paper flip it over onto your cake. They thaw out very quickly, so you have to work fast.

KakesbyKris Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:34am
post #3 of 5

A couple questions first....
Did you use a recipe that has butter in it?
How thick did you make your transfer? If it isn't thick enough it will fall apart.
How long did you freeze it? I leave it in the coldest part of the freezer for at least 90 minutes if not overnight.
Did you try to transfer it right away before it has a chance to start thawing?

I think there is a real learning curve with FBCT. I have cried over my share of them. I hope it works out for you.

chefjess819 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:41am
post #4 of 5

i always do my transfers over plastic wrap that way its easier to peel off. also, if i have a large area to cover, i try to do 2 or 3 smaller transfers so as not to have as much to mess up icon_lol.gif i usually let mine set overnight so they have plenty of time to harden up and put them onto the cake directly from the freezer. I try not to let them set on the counter or table for more than a couple seconds. like the people above said, they thaw super quick.

cabecakes Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:10am
post #5 of 5

Here is a very helpful video I found on youtube. You may want to check it out

Quote by @%username% on %date%