Clay Guns

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 3:51pm by platinumlady

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 5

I am just learning about Clay Guns & how they will help with adding the finishing touch.
There are two types (that I know of)...

Which is better:
The one with the squeeze handle or the one with the turn lever on top.

I brought the latter but have only seen the one with the squeeze handle demonstrated. I don't want to open it if the other works better. I am debating buying the other to have both, but don't want to waste money. If you've use a Clay Gun which works better for you & why?

Thanks in Advance

4 replies
EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:37am
post #2 of 5

I have the first one you mentioned (squeeze handle) and it SUCKS! I hate it! I had to press really hard to get the gumpaste out and at first I thought it was because the gumpaste was too "hard" so I kneaded until it was like silly putty and I still had to push really hard... the little handles that help you push it through are not big enough and it hurt my hands to even use it so I ended up wrapping the thing in a towel to ease the pressure against my hands but I WILL NOT use it again... Definitely not worth it... Also, after I had already bought mine I saw a tutorial by Edna and she used to have the squeeze handle one and ended up buying the turn level one and she said she likes it much better so you probably picked a good one!

Anne1017 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anne1017 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:57am
post #3 of 5

I bought the turn lever one from hobby lobby and it works awesome!!! for gumpaste or fondant. I had the squeeze one before this one and could not get it to work at all!! so you made the right choice don't wast your money on the squeeze!

Anne1017 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anne1017 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:58am
post #4 of 5

I bought the turn lever one from hobby lobby and it works awesome!!! for gumpaste or fondant. I had the squeeze one before this one and could not get it to work at all!! so you made the right choice don't wast your money on the squeeze!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much. This helps a lot. I'm gonna give it a try.
Anne I wish I knew Hobby Lobby sold it I would have saved on shipping cost icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%