Cake Recipe Without Using Any Eggs?

Baking By Sand6244 Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 1:54pm by goodiegoddess

Sand6244 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sand6244 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif

Good morning everyone! I have two weeks off of work and the weather is crappy so I AM ON A CAKE MAKING MISSION!!!!! The bad guys will have to wait while I attend to some extreme baking.

I just found out that one of the guys who work with my husband has a 7 year old daughter who is ALLERGIC TO EGGS. He was telling me that she is kind of bummed to go to birthday parties because she can't eat the cake so they always try to have some kind of snack for her BUT his ex wife is not into baking. SO MY MISSION IS--TO FIND A CAKE REIPE FOR THIS CHILD THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY EGGS AND ACTUALLY TASTES LIKE CAKE.

I'll leave it up to you Bat fans, to give me any and all ideas to try on my two week cake making adventure!! I also have a request to make a cake for the husband of a friend who is DIABETIC. And guess what, she doesn't bake either so it's up to me to try to bring some great tasting cakes to these two deprived souls!!!

And let me tell you, if you can find something for me, there will be a reward in Heaven for a wonderful person like you!! Have a wonderful, fun filled day!!! and THANKS from the bottom of my little heart to all who reply!!

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 10

search for vegan recipes. I had a catering for 150 frat guys and one was vegan. I found a cake recipe and I made him a dozen cupcakes. he only got 11 because of course I had to test one and it was delicious! I only used it once so I don't have it handy or I'd post the link.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 10

I made this one once and it was pretty good.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crazy-Cake/Detail.aspx

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 10

Here is a Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe that a vegan bride brought to me. I didn't like it (I'm not vegan), but she loves it.

1 and 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar

Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar and mix together.

The instructions say to bake an 8x8 for 30 minutes. (Just so that you have some idea of time). I mostly made vegan cupcakes for her. And I baked the cupcakes for about 16 minutes.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 10

A friend who had family members with many different allergies had me make her a cake using Pillsbury yellow cake mix and 1 can of soda. You can change the flavor of soda to make different flavors of cakes. Didn't rise as much as a regular cake, but they loved it!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 10:59am
post #6 of 10

Not cake as such but here are some egg free brownies that are sooo good. (I'm not vegan or anything but happily eat these!) The measurements are Uk I'm afraid.

Vegan Brownie Recipe:
250g self raising flour
400g caster sugar
65g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
3g baking powder
6g salt
235ml water
235ml vegetable oil
5ml vanilla extract
cherries (optional)

Preheat oven to 175 degC
Large bowl, stir flour, sugar, cocoa together,
Pour water oil and vanilla etc in, stir
Bake for 25-30mins until top no longer shiney - Enjoy!!!

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 12:08pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

A friend who had family members with many different allergies had me make her a cake using Pillsbury yellow cake mix and 1 can of soda. You can change the flavor of soda to make different flavors of cakes. Didn't rise as much as a regular cake, but they loved it!

I've done this as well. I think I used a DH mix and a can of sprite/7 up.
You can do the same with a chocolate cake and a can of coke/pepsi.
The texture of the white cake is kind of like an angel food cake I thought.

tgress13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgress13 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:21pm
post #8 of 10

I have several family members who are diabetic and I've been wondering how to come up with a diabetic friendly cake. I guess I could go vegan...But what do you do for frosting?

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:26pm
post #9 of 10

Here's a recipe a friend of mine gave me. Her son was allergic to eggs (he has since grown out of it), and I used this recipe for my son's birthday cake--it's very similar to the recipe posted by Cylstrial:

Quote:
Quote:

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

2 cups hot water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl. Add wet to dry and whisk. Pour into 2 (lightly greased) 8-inch round cake pans. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on baker's rack.

I've made this cake a few times. It's not the best tasting chocolate cake I've had, but it's good. I liked the flavor and texture much better when I substituted melted baking chocolate for the cocoa powder.

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:54pm
post #10 of 10

I just use my regular cake recipe and use an egg replacer that I get from my local health food store. Works great and I know the tast is going to be great becuase it is my regular recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%