Godzilla & Mothra Figures

Decorating By Manderly42 Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 2:32pm by Manderly42

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make a 1' - 1½' tall Godzilla (The largest I can go is 2', but that might be too big.) I've seen some armature online using PVC pipes, but I'm afraid it might be too big. Can anyone think of anything else that would be as sturdy, but a little smaller? And, obviously, food safe... I haven't made it to the hardware store, yet, to see if there is smaller PVC...

I also want to make Mothra (as an additional bonus) and possibly have him "flying." I am making a basic sheet cake with RKT buildings that will be the scene of the attack between the two icons.

I also need all of this to hold up for a 2 hour car ride!! Nothing like being a little ambitious, right?

TIA!!!

3 replies
jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 4

OMG - I don't have any advice for you as I don't generally use an armature or anything in my figures (and I haven't done a ton of them). But, I just have to say I cannot wait to see the pic of this cake. My 7 yr old son is a CRAZY person when it comes to all things Godzilla. He knows all the creatures, what year they came to be, which Godzilla he's looking at (eg American, Toho Kingdom, etc). He changes his mind a million times, but so far he wants a giant cupcake and godzilla combined for his birthday. Good thing I have until June to figure that situation out!! icon_smile.gif

Good luck and, again, I can't wait to see it!!!!

Edited to add: So I didn't notice 1 - 1/2 FOOT - for some reason I saw inches and thought - geesh, that's tiny! Dumb! Sorry!

FEIwannabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FEIwannabe Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 4:55am
post #3 of 4

there is some thin copper tubing available at the hardware store. That might be small enough and sturdy enough. I don't know what kind of fittings they have to make branches for the arms and legs.
Whatever you use, if it's not food safe, you can cover it with press-n-seal.
Can't wait to see photos.

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 4

FEIwannabe - good idea using the press 'n seal! I'll check the hardware store to see what they have in copper tubing, too! Thanks!

Jonahsmom, I will make sure to take photos of the entire set up as I am making it in case you decide to give it a try for your son.

I have a whole layout planned and I very well might have bitten off more than I can chew. However, it's a cake for some very close friends and I have basically been given free range within the Godzilla theme. It's due on the 26th...wish me luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%