I Broke My Eye Balls

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 2:50am by JanH

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 5:11am
post #1 of 4

Ugh, I get over the fluffy cake, I thin out the too thick frosting, I figured out what I had done wrong w/ making the cake balls (the eyes) and the cake was coming along just great. I get it done and I cant close the top on my cake holder b/c the eye balls would be smooched. I fish them off the cake and I am trying all these diff way to store them.. so now I have cocked eyes that have misplaced frosting (I only use BC, no fondant) siting in my freezer

I hoping I can find some white truffles at the mall that I can pop on Cookie Monsters face and add the black dots...

3 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 4

Oh dear. icon_sad.gif Breaking one's eyeballs is such a drag.

Can you mix some cake scraps with a bit of melted chocolate, roll into balls, and dip in white chocolate?

Or, you could thicken some buttercream with powdered sugar until you can roll it by hand and make eyes out of that.

Good luck!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 1:01am
post #3 of 4

Whenever anything goes really wrong, there's only one thing I do-Run out and get a coffee and a donut. That is the only thing that makes life okay.
So, while I was there I would buy two munchkins and go home, dip them in white chocolate or frosting, paint on two black dots and say-good enough!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%