Wait Kristi!

What sorority?

(I'm ZTA)

Theta--Not sure how to get the Greek letter for KAO

Kristy

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 11:19am
post #32 of 34

Anybody still up from the Friday night cake club? Just pulled an all nighter and am exhausted. DGD's 6th birthday party this morning at 11:30 so no point in laying down until after the party. I love making cakes for her, but cannot figure out why it took me soooooooo long to finish this 2 tier cake. Guess it was all the things that had to be made as they were going on the cake and couldn't be made in advance and that a couple of the pieces were time consuming to make. But I'm a slow decorator anyway icon_rolleyes.gif

I used the Crystal Fanatasy Flower cake that was on the CC mag cover the pink one) for inspiration (at her request) and made crystal flowers in three different sizes and two different colors, and the oval pieces from the bottom tier, made pearl trim around each one, rope borders around the bottom of each tier, it has gelatin butterflies, gumpaste butterflies, a "6" with a flower and butterfly for a topper and a "Happy Birthday Sara" plaque. I had just finished it all and cleaned up everything and sat down to look at it while the dishes soaked for a few minutes and DGD got up to go to the bathroom and came into the kitchen and I swear the look on her face made it all worth every single minute icon_biggrin.gif

Going to go find some caffeine and see if I can get a second wind. Will try to post photos later today. Everyone have a great Saturday icon_smile.gif

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:07pm
post #33 of 34

Leah,

I had a couple of these from Wilton. It is a great concept, but the problem for me was getting it to fit on a bag. I just couldn't get it to work well enough to make it worth the time and effort. Maybe someone else can give some tips on that.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:21pm
post #34 of 34

Those angeled couplers are good for certain applications, like inside corners, and when you want to get a different angle on something but your hand keeps getting in the way. I have had one for many years, and have used it, although I don't use very often, I found it was handy to use when I did need it..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%