Fondant Presentation - Ideas???

Decorating By countrycaker Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 4:03pm by mommynana

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 12:00am
post #1 of 14

My SIL called me yesterday and asked if I'd be willing to do a "fondant presentation" for the ladies in her church. She says they don't want to know how to make fondant and they don't want to learn how to cover cakes with it, just "a presentation of fun stuff you can do with fondant." I asked if she wants me to show them how to make some type of sugar flower using a gumpaste/fondant mixture, she said, "no, something with just fondant."" ??? icon_confused.gif Any ideas? I'm thinking drapes, ruffles - that would take a whole 3 minutes. It's supposed to take about 15. Any help here would be MUCH appreciated!!!

13 replies
mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 12:36am
post #2 of 14

ribbon rose maybe

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 12:56am
post #3 of 14

Ribbon roses are a great idea, mommynana! And the little leaf. You don't need a cutter to make the leaf, just cut it out a shape with a small knife. They're easy but really make a nice decoration to cupcakes or a cake. Last year my daughter's girls group had a mother daughter tea. I invited the girls over the week before to teach them how to make ribbon roses. They loved it and did a great job. We put the roses and leaves on cupcakes for the tea. Everyone just loved it and kept commenting to me. I though that was really funny because of how easy they are.

Here is a pretty ribbon rose from the gallery. I like how the decorator put some shimmer on the rose.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1553597

mommynana Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:26am
post #4 of 14

that rose is beautiful, i figured, they dont take to much time and they are fun to make

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:29am
post #5 of 14

There is a tutorial somewhere here on Cake Central for fondant roses made with Duff Goldman's method. You start with overlapping circles of fondant, then roll them up. It might be a good technique to include with the ribbon roses.

You might also try making a small animal or figure. I really get a kick out of making fondant animals for cakes for children. I've had some good success with monkeys, elephants, and giraffs. There are a few in my pictures.

mommynana Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:39am
post #6 of 14
mommynana Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:45am
post #7 of 14

it wont come up don`t no y ty this way

mommynana Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:48am
post #8 of 14
mommynana Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 1:51am
post #9 of 14

there it is countrybaker, hth

countrycaker Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 10:37pm
post #10 of 14

THANK YOU!! I love the roses! Mommynana - thank you for the picture tutorial. I've never seen that before but I'm definitely using it. I also like the animal figures idea. It seems like someone on here has tutorials on how to make different animal figures. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

mommynana Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 4:04am
post #11 of 14
countrycaker Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:53am
post #12 of 14

Yes! That's it! Good ole Rylan! icon_smile.gif Thank you so much for the link!Now the problem lies in trying to narrow it down to just a few pieces to demonstrate.

beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 5:43am
post #13 of 14

Also, using cookie cutters for shapes and figures, flowers, animals ect.

mommynana Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:03pm
post #14 of 14

good luck, countrycaker im sure ur do fine thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%