Chocolate Toppers Without Molds??

Baking By cakegirl125 Updated 5 Feb 2011 , 5:30pm by TabbieCakes

cakegirl125 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make little squares to go on top of cupcakes. I want to make them out of chocolate but I dont have a mold like this. Can i pour it into a baking pan or something rectangular to get the same shape & cut it? or will it stick??? Please help!! thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
TabbieCakes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 7

What about spraying a little Pam in a plastic ice cube tray. Pour in warm chocolate. Freeze and pop out. That could probably work.

yums Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 7

I have made molds out of cardboard and lined it with wax paper. I did a sesame street sign and a big cross like this.

cheatize Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 4:03am
post #4 of 7

You can form them in a metal square cutter or you can remove the metal strip from a box of waxed paper/foil/plastic wrap and shape it into a square. Sorry to say, some manufacturers are switching to a plastic cutting strip, but perhaps you have one in your cabinet still.

motherofgrace Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 4:16am
post #5 of 7

Firstly, you would not need to spray an ice cube tray with pam, not for chocolate.

If you can spread the chocolate thin, you can do your idea. I would recommend cutting it or scoring it before it is completly hardened.

jlynnw Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 4:20am
post #6 of 7

They have a great silicone "pan" that I use. It is about a 1 1/2 inch square. I got it at Micheal's for next to nothing. It works perfect for this. I also spread some chocolate out on a very flat pan, let it firm up but still soft set (matte finish - still soft), score with a knife, and then refridgerate only until firm. I also use small cutters of variety of shapes

TabbieCakes Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you. Mother of grace.

Quote by @%username% on %date%