Help! Frosting Recipe For Coconut Cake

Baking By l84ola Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 8:40pm by l84ola

l84ola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l84ola Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

I plan to make a coconut cake and cover it with white chocolate ganache and fondant. Does anyone have a good recipe or idea of what kind of filling would go well with these flavors (preferably something that does not need to be refrigerated). Thanks!

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 3

Pineapple filling is great with coconut cakes. I also make coconut filling , using coconut milk,or coconut water(either from the fresh coconut or from the can. If you do this , you just add some sugar , cook it for about 5 min. , stirring constantly and then add fresh coconut or frozen to it. Let it set up a litte and add to layers. (this is how my mama made it ) If you make the pineapple( use a 20oz. can of crushed pineapple, add about 1/2-3/4 cups sugar,2 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of real lemon juice(roll the lemon and squeeze ) not the bottle. ha!! stir all this together and cook on med heat for about 5 minutes. Don,t over cook it. take it off the stove , let it set up. You have a wonderful pineapple filling.(again, this is how my mama did it.hth

l84ola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l84ola Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! Both recipes sound great icon_biggrin.gif Does either require the cake to be refrigerated after the fillings are applied? How long have you let a cake sit out with either of the fillings?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%