Need Help Asap! Pme Snowflake Cutter ?

Decorating By yummy Updated 5 Feb 2011 , 2:01am by yummy

yummy Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 6:12am
post #1 of 5

My local supply store didn't have anymore so I bought the look-a-like store brand . It didn't come with instructions and it's not making a good enough imprint to cut. Please help me; I'm working on it right now!! What's the secret; tips?

4 replies
cheatize Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 5

With my PME one, I push down to cut the fondant, push the knob to imprint, and then lift the cutter off the fondant. I do use a bit of powdered sugar to keep it from sticking, but if you use too much it will interfere with the imprint.

cdgleason Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 5

I've found that when I roll my fondant or gumpaste just slightly thicker, I can get more detail when I impress the design.
I also like to press firmly with the cutter... move it back and forth to get a nice clean cut, then, before I push the snowflake out of the cutter, I press down with the plunger, with the snowflake still inside the cutter.. then, I push it out. I did my entire snowflake wedding cake (in my photos) like this!

Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 5

I have the same cheaper look a like cutter as you.Unfortunately it won't imprint the snowflake design because the plunger is not long enough to stamp the fondant.I just cut out the snowflake and wiggle it around so it will cut the shape and the push the plunger to pop it out.Make nice shape snowflakes just no imprint.

yummy Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 2:01am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all, Unfortunately, I wound up using heart cutters. It was for my cousins twin daughters 5th birthday. We've been getting a lot of snow here and I thought the theme would be appropriate (pink and lavender snowflakes). The hearts worked out because it's Valentine's day month. I'll practice with the knock-off that I have ( I don't think I'll be doing a snowflake cake til the holidays roll around again). I vow to buy the real deal for now on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%