Sleeve Fillings

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 7:44am by cake_architect

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:40am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know exactly how long sleeve fillings last?

I have some lemon filling that I have had in my fridge since August or so. I know, a long time. icon_biggrin.gif I bought too many and kept meaning to use it, but never did. It has not been opened. Is it still good or should I trash it and get another one? I finally got a request for lemon filling again. LOL!!!! icon_lol.gif

3 replies
crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 4:05am
post #2 of 4

I think you are fine if they are in the refridge and not opened. I used them all the time in the same manner, no problems. As a matter of fact, where I buy them they keep them on a shelf not in the fridge.I guess when you think about it, don't we keep our jams and jelly the same way, and for the same length of time.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:42am
post #3 of 4

OK. That is kind of what I was thinking. Glad I hung on to it. I almost tossed it last week when I was cleaning the fridge. PHEW!!!!!!

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 7:44am
post #4 of 4

i actually did the same thing with a lemon sleeve! opened it, forgot about it in the fridge, found it a few months later and used it for a family cake. it tasted great! actually, there wasn't as much as i would've liked so i mixed it with some buttercream and made a lemon bc- delicious! and no one got sick =D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%