Sleeve Fillings

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 7:44am by cake_architect

mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:40am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know exactly how long sleeve fillings last?

I have some lemon filling that I have had in my fridge since August or so. I know, a long time. icon_biggrin.gif I bought too many and kept meaning to use it, but never did. It has not been opened. Is it still good or should I trash it and get another one? I finally got a request for lemon filling again. LOL!!!! icon_lol.gif

3 replies
crumbcake Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 4:05am
post #2 of 4

I think you are fine if they are in the refridge and not opened. I used them all the time in the same manner, no problems. As a matter of fact, where I buy them they keep them on a shelf not in the fridge.I guess when you think about it, don't we keep our jams and jelly the same way, and for the same length of time.

mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:42am
post #3 of 4

OK. That is kind of what I was thinking. Glad I hung on to it. I almost tossed it last week when I was cleaning the fridge. PHEW!!!!!!

cake_architect Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 7:44am
post #4 of 4

i actually did the same thing with a lemon sleeve! opened it, forgot about it in the fridge, found it a few months later and used it for a family cake. it tasted great! actually, there wasn't as much as i would've liked so i mixed it with some buttercream and made a lemon bc- delicious! and no one got sick =D

Quote by @%username% on %date%