Ordering Sps For The First Time, Help Please

Decorating By schnumvf Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 9:31pm by schnumvf

schnumvf Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 5

I am making a wedding cake for a friend (ugh, lesson learned. Don't do it!) Finally got a payment today and need to hurry up and order the SPS system. I've never used SPS before. Can someone please tell me how many 4inch grecian columns I will need? I'm stacking 12/10/8 rounds. My brain is fried. I know this shouldn't be that difficult to figure out but I don't want to screw this up so I'm asking y'all for help. icon_smile.gif
Thank you!

Also if you want to let me know your preferred place to order sps that would be helpful. I need them asap. icon_cry.gif

4 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:40am
post #2 of 5

You will need 8 legs for a 3 tier cake. You will need a 10 inch plate and an 8 inch plate.
If this is your first time using SPS you need to make sure your cakes bake up to their 4 inch height or you will end up with a gap.

The legs come in sets of 12 so you should be fine.

crystal18_corpus Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:41am
post #3 of 5

you will need a total of eight four each for the top two tiers and the two top tier sipport plates it is very easy to use and very sturdy

sillywabbitz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:43am
post #4 of 5

Hopefully you've already seen Leah's great instructions but if not
go here

Although the pdf shows a little red x, if you click on it anyway it should download. If not, send me PM and I'll send you a copy that I have saved on my computer. I LOVE SPS but you have to get used to getting the height right. A little over 4 inches is no problem, under is usually the issue.

schnumvf Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! That was a great help icon_smile.gif

I have seen those instructions before and I will be studying them this week. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%