Ordering Sps For The First Time, Help Please

Decorating By schnumvf Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 9:31pm by schnumvf

schnumvf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schnumvf Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 5

I am making a wedding cake for a friend (ugh, lesson learned. Don't do it!) Finally got a payment today and need to hurry up and order the SPS system. I've never used SPS before. Can someone please tell me how many 4inch grecian columns I will need? I'm stacking 12/10/8 rounds. My brain is fried. I know this shouldn't be that difficult to figure out but I don't want to screw this up so I'm asking y'all for help. icon_smile.gif
Thank you!

Also if you want to let me know your preferred place to order sps that would be helpful. I need them asap. icon_cry.gif

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:40am
post #2 of 5

You will need 8 legs for a 3 tier cake. You will need a 10 inch plate and an 8 inch plate.
If this is your first time using SPS you need to make sure your cakes bake up to their 4 inch height or you will end up with a gap.

The legs come in sets of 12 so you should be fine.

crystal18_corpus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystal18_corpus Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:41am
post #3 of 5

you will need a total of eight four each for the top two tiers and the two top tier sipport plates it is very easy to use and very sturdy

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:43am
post #4 of 5

Hopefully you've already seen Leah's great instructions but if not
go here
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

Although the pdf shows a little red x, if you click on it anyway it should download. If not, send me PM and I'll send you a copy that I have saved on my computer. I LOVE SPS but you have to get used to getting the height right. A little over 4 inches is no problem, under is usually the issue.

schnumvf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schnumvf Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! That was a great help icon_smile.gif

I have seen those instructions before and I will be studying them this week. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%