Custom Cake Market

Decorating By kookycutter Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 8:45pm by Ellie1985

kookycutter Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has felt the market change with the economy. I don't have as many large wedding orders. Many more small custom cake orders... a lot of birthdays and some baby showers. Also more cupcakes and macaron interest/orders. What do you all think? I wonder if it's different from region to region. I am in NY.

3 replies
Ellie1985 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 4

On a show I was watching last week (I think it was Rachael Ray) they were saying that cupcakes are over and the "new" thing is whoopie pies and pies of all kinds.

kookycutter Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 4

That's funny. People have been saying that cupcakes have been over for years now, but they don't seem to be dying at all. I personally, don't think cupcakes will ever die.

Ellie1985 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookycutter

That's funny. People have been saying that cupcakes have been over for years now, but they don't seem to be dying at all. I personally, don't think cupcakes will ever die.

I agree. Cupcakes seem to be as popular as ever what with all the cupcake shows on TV and cupcakes are a nice individual side portion.
It's easy to just go in and buy one cupcake and not a whole cake. If you have that kind of self control. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%