Cheesecake Wedding Cake??

Decorating By loves2bake Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm by KASCARLETT

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ever made a 3 or 4 tier wedding cake from CheeseCake?? I have a bride who doesn't like cake.... icon_surprised.gif Imagine that!! icon_eek.gif

Help!

TIA

6 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 7

There's an episode of Amazing Wedding Cakes where Merci Beaucoup Cakes makes a cheesecake groom's cake that looked like a wheel of cheese:

http://www.wetv.com/amazing-wedding-cakes/episodes/picnic-calla-lilies-wheel-of-cheese

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 7

The only cheesecake wedding cakes I have seen have been on separate stands like this http://www.towedding.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/wedding-cake-stands12.jpg

I have never seen one stacked.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 7

after thinking about it ... i mean, just because the bride doesn't like cake doesn't mean all her guests don't either. maybe only one tier can be cheesecake.

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

Both good ideas. I'd already suggested making just the top tier cheesecake & the rest regular cake, but she hasn't decided yet.

Has anyone considered dowelling the layers? Do you think this would work with cheesecake?

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 7

I have made a stacked wedding cake using cheesecakes. I bakes the cheesecakes in foil lined cake pans, different sizes, 12", 10" and 8 inches. I overlapped the foil so I could lift the cheesecakes out of the pan after freezing. I baked them and froze them and stacked them on foam board that was cut just slightly smaller than the cheesecake itself. I stacked 2, 12" tiers and then 2, 10" tiers on top of each other, putting a set of plastic square dividers in to elevate the top tier. I then iced everything with Bettercreme and made decorations. Every one loved the look and the "cake" itself. What was great is I kept them frozen until I got to the reception area and lifted all out of the pans and set them on the foam board. Way easier to handle.
evelyn

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 7

The only thing I would worry about was how long it would have to sit out for health reasons. I know some people do it, but I am too concerned about people getting sick! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%