Cheesecake Wedding Cake??

Decorating By loves2bake Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm by KASCARLETT

loves2bake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ever made a 3 or 4 tier wedding cake from CheeseCake?? I have a bride who doesn't like cake.... icon_surprised.gif Imagine that!! icon_eek.gif

6 replies
metria Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 7

There's an episode of Amazing Wedding Cakes where Merci Beaucoup Cakes makes a cheesecake groom's cake that looked like a wheel of cheese:

LisaPeps Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 7

The only cheesecake wedding cakes I have seen have been on separate stands like this

I have never seen one stacked.

metria Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 7

after thinking about it ... i mean, just because the bride doesn't like cake doesn't mean all her guests don't either. maybe only one tier can be cheesecake.

loves2bake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

Both good ideas. I'd already suggested making just the top tier cheesecake & the rest regular cake, but she hasn't decided yet.

Has anyone considered dowelling the layers? Do you think this would work with cheesecake?

cakegrandma Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 7

I have made a stacked wedding cake using cheesecakes. I bakes the cheesecakes in foil lined cake pans, different sizes, 12", 10" and 8 inches. I overlapped the foil so I could lift the cheesecakes out of the pan after freezing. I baked them and froze them and stacked them on foam board that was cut just slightly smaller than the cheesecake itself. I stacked 2, 12" tiers and then 2, 10" tiers on top of each other, putting a set of plastic square dividers in to elevate the top tier. I then iced everything with Bettercreme and made decorations. Every one loved the look and the "cake" itself. What was great is I kept them frozen until I got to the reception area and lifted all out of the pans and set them on the foam board. Way easier to handle.

KASCARLETT Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 7

The only thing I would worry about was how long it would have to sit out for health reasons. I know some people do it, but I am too concerned about people getting sick! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%