Cupcake Business

Baking By Brommbeeri Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 10:35pm by Chonte

Brommbeeri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brommbeeri Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 10:00am
post #1 of 6

Hello!

I'm from switzerland and I like to open my own cupcake business. Have you any ideas how to sell the little cakes?

a shop is too expensive and a cafe too.

what's about a cupcake booth? have you any experiences? Or ideas for a very crazy booth?

5 replies
Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 6

i think a cupcake booth is a cute idea. I live in the U.S (maryland) and i currently just bake out of my home. i started a facebook page to promothe myself and i sent cupcakes to a bunch of different businesses to get the word out. i just had family members take them to work with them.

Chonte Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 6

i think a cupcake booth is a cute idea. I live in the U.S (maryland) and i currently just bake out of my home. i started a facebook page to promothe myself and i sent cupcakes to a bunch of different businesses to get the word out. i just had family members take them to work with them.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 1:47am
post #4 of 6

Chonte, you might want to check the laws in Maryland. They are the most strict and costly that I have come across. You can't bake out of your home, and the health depts in the areas where I do business take it pretty seriously. It is one thing to bake for friends and family (legal to do it for free) and another to solicit business from strangers.

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

I am from NY and also have my own in home bakery that just got approved. It has been a long process! I had to build a completely seperate kitchen with its own appliances and utensils. So I built it in my basement. Then the Health Department had to come and approve it and will come back every year. Then I had to go in front of the Town Board and County Board to get a special operating permit because I do not live in a commercial district. Total my permits were $225 just to start. I am relieved that it is now over. Definitly go to your local health department and town to find out the laws. You don't want to end up with a fine!

Chonte Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Sawlil

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%