Strawberry Cake

Baking By kimcakes99 Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 1:24am by JanH

kimcakes99 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 9:43am
post #1 of 10

I am looking for the perfect strawberry cake recipe.
What strawberry cake recipe do you like better the one that uses whole eggs or the one that uses just egg whites.

9 replies
kimcakes99 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 4:50am
post #2 of 10

somebody please

JanH Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 4:58am
post #3 of 10

Scratch or doctored cake mix recipe... icon_smile.gif

nikinoonie Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 5:27am
post #4 of 10

Martha Stewart's fresh strawberry cake is awesome. I got rave reviews at a baby shower on it. It is a bit time consuming mashing the strawberries, but worth the effort. Just look up her fresh strawberry cupcake recipe. I think 1 batch yields 36 cupcakes, so i was able to get 2 6" rounds with that as well as a dozen cupcakes. The only thing is that the cake shrinks a bit as it cools. It will have a nice dome, then it settles pretty level with the pan. I didn't have to level it at all!

G_Cakes Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 7:07am
post #5 of 10

Nikinoonie, I just search martha stewart website for the recipe and could find nothing...

Could you possibly send it to me? sound yummy and would love to try it icon_smile.gif

Thanks

kimcakes99 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 7:52am
post #6 of 10

JanH I am looking for a scratch strawberry cake recipe.I found that some use whole eggs, while others just use egg whites.I would like to know what type
of recipe is better.Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikinoonie

It is a bit time consuming mashing the strawberries, but worth the effort. Just look up her fresh strawberry cupcake recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

Nikinoonie, I just search martha stewart website for the recipe and could find nothing...

Could you possibly send it to me? sound yummy and would love to try it icon_smile.gif

Thanks

Martha Stewart fresh strawberry cupcakes recipe:
(Not found on Martha's website.)

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Fresh-Strawberry-Cupcakes-and-Frosting/8376/

HTH

JanH Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 6:04pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcakes99

JanH I am looking for a scratch strawberry cake recipe.I found that some use whole eggs, while others just use egg whites.I would like to know what type
of recipe is better.Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

If I'm baking it, I prefer recipes that use whole eggs. icon_biggrin.gif

(Unless the cake HAS to be white, in which case I'll use only egg whites.)

HTH

kimcakes99 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 1:21am
post #9 of 10

Thank you very much JanH icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 1:24am
post #10 of 10

You're very welcome kimcakes99. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%