Cricut Question About Blades...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 8:13am by cake_architect

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 4

I just ordered and received 2 replacement blades ~ they are the long blades for the Cricut Cake. I have the personal Cricut that I have only used for cakes. Can I use the replacement cake blades in my regular Cricut? I know the housing for the Cricut Cake and regular Cricut are different, but the blade fits in just fine. Will I tear up my mat if I use this blade in my Cricut? Anyone try this before? I get mixed results with my deep housing blade, so I thought I'd try this. Thanks!

<S>

3 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 4

Has anyone tried this? I don't want to ruin my cutting mat just to find out if it will work. Thanks!

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 4

The cricut cake blades fit with the cricut cake blade housing and are a bit longer then the regular blade. If you are using the regular cricut for cake decorating you need to use the blue housing blade holder and the deep cut blades. If you put the longer cricui blade in your housing it will stick out to far and could cause cause damage.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:13am
post #4 of 4

i switch out housing everytime i switch between cricut paper and cricut cake blades, its just less risky. check ebay or amazon, you can usually get a way better deal

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%