Help On Coach Purse Design!

Decorating By hodges Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 12:53am by Anne1017

hodges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hodges Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 10

I have a request to make a Coach purse, but am wondering if anyone out there has made a similar cake with such a busy design?-- My hand is cramping up at the thought at painting the numerous logos- icon_cry.gif and I'm not sure If I'll like the look of handpainting-- sure it won't be as crisp as I'd like!!-
Has anyone ever seen a stamp or stencil for purse logos?-- I've made one purse cake by "creative" cutting for a letter "C", but I don't think it would look good to cover the thing in fondant cut-outs-- Any suggestions from all the CC experts?-- Thanks so much for your help!--

9 replies
hodges Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 10

Here's the purse I'd like to copy--

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 10

You'll need to post a link, the attachment feature isn't working right now.

hodges Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:05am
post #4 of 10

arrgh- trouble loading pic! still trying!

hodges Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:18am
post #5 of 10

Here we go:

http://www.coach-factory-stores.net/waverly-cosmetic-case-multicolorblackkhaki-p-426.html

this is not the exact purse, but similar in that the logos are multicolored, but the purse will be black with the multicolored logo -

Thanks for the info about the attachments icon_smile.gif

skeet1zp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skeet1zp Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:18am
post #6 of 10

I used a stencil burner(you can find one at any craft store) and created my own coach logo stencil. There are some Coach patterns that you can find on this site. I traced the logo on my stencil and then carved them out with the burner. It took a while, but I have used my stencil many times, so it was worth the time it took. Here are a couple of pics of cakes with the stencil I made. Good luck!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1590166

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1577746

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:36am
post #7 of 10

I have never heard of a stencil burner,that is so cool

hodges Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:37am
post #8 of 10

Perfect!! I love the idea of making a stencil!- I've got wood burning tools and tips- I'm sure I could make a stencil--great idea!-- thank you!

skeet1zp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skeet1zp Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:53am
post #9 of 10

You're very welcome! I got mine at Jo-Ann's. It cost 10.00

Anne1017 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anne1017 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:53am
post #10 of 10

We used two diffrent size circle cutters to cut the c's out of fondant I think it came out realy well can't attach photo but you can look at the cake under anne1017 or on facebook the mad platters hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%