Indydeb Bc With Caramel?

Baking By Dee814 Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 2:15am by Jamielc

Dee814 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 11

My mother in law has requested a peanut butter caramel cake...I was planning on using indydeb's crusting bc recipe. Can I add caramel topping to it for the caramel flavor or will that ruin it?? any advice welcome

I was planning on a peanut butter layer cake frosted and filled with caramel bc.... Thanks!!!

10 replies
saapena Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 11

I have added homemade caramel to it and it was delicious! I just kept adding the caramel until I got the taste I wanted.

Jeep_girl816 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 11

I haven't tried this personally, but sounds fab!! I would try some canned Dulce D e Leche. Nestle puts it out under the Hispanic brand "La Lechera" in the Hispanic/mexican foods section, I think most Walmarts carry it. It's soooo good! I've mixed it with whipped cream and cream cheese before for the most amazing filling ever! It's soft and spreads and blends very nice. Good luck!

snocilla Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 11

Don't use caramel ice cream topping! I tried that once and it completely ruined the buttercream. I don't know if there is something different in it, but it made the buttercream separate, and just a big mess.

BeanCountingBaker Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 11

You could try ice cream flavoring. I use LoAnne's Flavor Fountains in a lot of my icing and baking. You can get them online or sometimes find them in bulk food stores. They are made for making smoothies, milkshakes, and ice cream. I put 1/8 tsp of butter pecan flavoring in all my buttercream icing, it gives the icing a little different taste and gets rave reviews. I know they make butter pecan, fudge, strawberry, french vanilla, and orange creamsicle, I don't know about carmel.

icer101 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 11

Hi, make jodief"s caramel from this site. I make it all the time and add to differents types of icing. b/c smbc, imbc,etc. hth delicious!!!

icer101 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 11

I forgot to say. spread some on each layer(just the caramel), add the caramel to you icng, put between the layers and ice with it also.

Dee814 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 8:50pm
post #8 of 11

where could I get jodief's caramel??

I'm really concerned this cake my MIL wants isn't going to come out okay...

cheatize Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:26am
post #9 of 11

Davinci makes a caramel flavoring that you could sub for the milk. I get mine at Sam's Club.

icer101 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:51am
post #10 of 11

i,m sorry,just got back on computer. Her recipe is on this site. I t is easy to make and very delicious. Here is the link
I am making it right now.

Jamielc Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:15am
post #11 of 11

Mmm. Sounds delicious. I'll have to try it out. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%