Cooking With A Convection Oven - Adj Time Lines

Baking By ladixiechic1 Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 11:10pm by Kiddiekakes

ladixiechic1 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 5

So I just got a table top convection oven. icon_biggrin.gif How do you adjust the time when baking cookies, cakes and cupcakes. icon_cool.gif So far, my cookies have either been brown around the edges or not done. icon_sad.gif In my standard oven I bake my cookies on 325 for 12-14 minutes and they are light brown on the bottom and perfect on the top.

I know this will be a trial and error type event but i have already trashed two trays of cookies. I need to bake a cake tonight, but not sure I should chance (in the convection oven) it until I get the hang of this.

Any tips greatly appeciated! Thanks, Linda

4 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 5

Try cutting the time. I have baked sugar cookies at 300 and it was for no more than 8 minutes. I also baked a cake at 300 degrees

Rusti Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have the site saved but google convection oven conversion and you should be able to find a converter to help you.

laurenboxall Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 5

I have one at home and usually cake at 10'C - 20'C (50F-70F) below the usual temp.
I LOVE my convenction oven!

Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 5

I too bake with convection and I have to add about 15 minutes on to all my cakes but everyone's ovens are different so....

Quote by @%username% on %date%