Cookie Shapes

Baking By zorita116 Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 2:45pm by mmmmmmmmcake1954

zorita116 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 4

good morning all,

i'm from sunny Miami FL, i was wondering i have an order of cookies the theme is the hungry caterpillar, the client wants the fruits and of course the caterpillar i see that the fruits are orange, strawberry, plum, pear and apple.
I been trying to get a plum shape cookie cutter and a orange I have not found anything. what shape can I use to make those fruits please help any ideas thanks icon_smile.gif zory

3 replies
DianeLM Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 4

The shape of an orange? I know Eric Carle is creative with his illustrations, but isn't an orange round?

As for the plum, you could cut out with an oval shaped cutter then use your fingers or other tools to finesse the shape you want.

You could use the same technique for the orange if the orange isn't, in fact, actually round. icon_smile.gif

joycesdaughter111 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 4

When I can't find the type of cutter I want I simply cut one out of cardstock in the shape I want and then carefully cut around the shape with an x-acto knife on the cold dough.

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 4

Hi Zoritta116, if you have an oval shaped cutter you could use this for the plum, just cut a small v at the top of the cutout cookie mix before baking ( and maybe a small v at the bottom). For the orange just use a round cutter - this will be more about the decorating to get the orange. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%