Help... Mmf Too Much Ps; No Time To Remake

Decorating By yummy Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 5:23pm by cakedoff

yummy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:04am
post #1 of 3

I just got finished making the mmf so it can rest overnight. It won't form a smooth ball, too dry and crumbly; it took me forever to get the color to blend in. I was planning to add tylose to it to make snowflake toppers for some cupcakes. I'm short on time; these are to be picked up Thursday evening and I wanted to make the snowflakes tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. I won't be coming back home til tomorrow night. Please tell me there's a solution to my problem? Do I even need to add tylose since it's so stiff? TIA!

2 replies
 Mfattore  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 3

I would microwave the ball for 10 secs or so and then coat my hands with crisco and work that into the warm ball.

cakedoff  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoff Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 3

I would use hot water only along with a little tylose. Take the ball and dip one side into the hot water. Knead, roll and work with it (it will seem VERY sticky at first) It will take a little time, but if you repeat this set and add your tylose after the first two 'dips', add a little more water, tylose, dip.... You will find the mmf will come to a silky consistency. Sorry to the post above, but I would NOT add crisco. All that will do is make it greasy. Softer, yes, but in the end...just greasy. Just MHO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%