Help... Mmf Too Much Ps; No Time To Remake

Decorating By yummy Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 5:23pm by cakedoff

yummy Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:04am
post #1 of 3

I just got finished making the mmf so it can rest overnight. It won't form a smooth ball, too dry and crumbly; it took me forever to get the color to blend in. I was planning to add tylose to it to make snowflake toppers for some cupcakes. I'm short on time; these are to be picked up Thursday evening and I wanted to make the snowflakes tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. I won't be coming back home til tomorrow night. Please tell me there's a solution to my problem? Do I even need to add tylose since it's so stiff? TIA!

2 replies
Mfattore Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 3

I would microwave the ball for 10 secs or so and then coat my hands with crisco and work that into the warm ball.

cakedoff Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 3

I would use hot water only along with a little tylose. Take the ball and dip one side into the hot water. Knead, roll and work with it (it will seem VERY sticky at first) It will take a little time, but if you repeat this set and add your tylose after the first two 'dips', add a little more water, tylose, dip.... You will find the mmf will come to a silky consistency. Sorry to the post above, but I would NOT add crisco. All that will do is make it greasy. Softer, yes, but in the end...just greasy. Just MHO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%