So Discussed!!

Baking By rere0726 Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 1:43am by rere0726

rere0726 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 3

I am so discussed. I just baked a white cake with strawberry filling for work tomorrow. First disaters, when I tried to split my cake with the Wilton cake torter it was not even and my cake tore. Second, I tried to make Marshmellow fondant but it came out to hard. It kelp falling apart. The sugar would not incorporate with the other stuff. Then when i tried to color the part that I needed black it got to sticky. I didn't need to make all of my fondant black so I tried to do half and that did not come out right. Can you make fondant already made taste good. I was trying to create my own but it just wouldn't work for me. I don't like feeling like this may not be a good idea baking cakes but what an I to do. I don't want to buy everything already made. I don't know what to do. Someone please help. icon_cry.gif

2 replies
Chasey Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 3

I am sorry you are so disgusted and having a hard time!

As far as making the marshmallow fondant, take a look at this very helpful thread. Read all the way through it to pick up all of the tips. It should answer your questions!

You can try and chill your cakes next time before you torte them.

If I have to make a small amount of colored fondant, I add it to the soupy stage of the melted marshmallows. I don't try to make even the small batch, I just eyeball the proportions to make less.

OR you can make paint out of vodka or clear vanilla and your food gel colors. Not sure that would work with black, but if you needed multiple batches of different colors...but only needed just a little....use the painting technique over the dried white fondant. Easy!

rere0726 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:43am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for the tip. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again. I don't want to stop doing something that I really like but when you are like teaching your self you do get discourage. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%