How Much To Hire Out...

Business By pinkjacs Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 11:12pm by jason_kraft

pinkjacs Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 3

How much should I charge to hire out an acrylic cupcake 5 tier stand?? I am in Scotland and its for a wedding

thanks

2 replies
Dayti Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 3

I would say it would depend on what it cost you, and how many times you think you could rent it out before it becoming a bit shabby, and having to buy a new one. Say it cost you 100, and you can rent it 5 times, you should hire it out for about 30 each time - so a bit extra for the hassle of having to purchase a new one. Don't forget to also charge a damage deposit of the full value of the stand, just in case it's not returned, or is missing a part making it unusable in future. Return the deposit when the stand is returned in good condition.
By the way, I am looking for an acrylic stand for 230 cupcakes but under 1m tall...otherwise the couple will not be able to cut the top 6" cake properly (am pretty sure the bride won't want her armpits showing in the photo icon_biggrin.gif )...any ideas? How many does your 5 tier hold?

jason_kraft Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 3

For stand rentals we charge 1/3 of the price of the stand as a rental fee plus the price of the stand as a security deposit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%