Any Creative Ideas For My Extra Cake Layer?

Decorating By Ellyane Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 10:03pm by imagenthatnj

Ellyane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellyane Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 5

I have two 3" deep cake pans in the oven. I was planning to torte them to have a 4 layer cake, but I'm afraid that's going to be too tall. So now I'm thinking of only using 3 layers. Any creative ideas for what to do with the leftover layer?

(normally we'd just eat it, of course, but hubs and I are on a diet)

4 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 5

Turn it into cake truffles and give them to neighbors, coworkers, kids, grandkids etc... for Valentine's Day. Dipped in white chocolate+ tinted pink with a few sprinkles= new clients

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 5

petite fours (that spelling is about as wrong as it can get)? Same suggestion ass Sorelle, cover in white/red/pink chocolate and give to neighbors/coworkers/riends.

lacey88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacey88 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 5

take your cake scraps, leftover frostings, ect and mix with a little chocolate ganche and however much rum suits your tastebuds. the mixture will be like cookie dough. chill in the fridge, and when your ready roll into balls. you can coat them in chocolate, nuts, cocoa powder....whatever you want. and ta da you have rum balls! yum icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 5

Freeze that one layer. Defrost the day before Valentine's Day, and cut it into hearts, decorate just the top of them and give them away for Valentine's Day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%