Please Help Me With Ideas Or Suggestions To Do This!

Decorating By homemaluhia Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 2:20am by homemaluhia

homemaluhia Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

Thank you for looking and helpiing with this.

Here is an image of a backpack my niece has. Do you have any suggestions on how you do the Oakley words on the cake? It is simply Oakley repeated to make the plaid effect. Help!

5 replies
Ambar2 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 6

That sounds like alot of work! maybe using cricut cake and make a template?

letsgetcaking Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 6

I don't see any words. Is there a monogram somewhere on the backpack you want to reproduce?

***I went back and reread what you wrote and I think I understand now. She wants you to make those tiny stripes by writing "Oakley" over and over? I think I'd go the edible image route myself. You could type something up and use Photoshop to edit it into the design you want.

homemaluhia Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:09am
post #4 of 6

Thank you again for looking!!

The "plaid" design is made up of the word "Oakley" repeated over and over to look like "lines" for the plaid. The big O I'll simply hand cut. It's the plaid that I'm wondering about.

DianeLM Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:17am
post #5 of 6

You can make your own stamp with fabric paint or royal icing. Remember to write the word backward. icon_smile.gif You'll probably want to make several to allow for breakage. Mix coloring with alcohol (vodka, everclear) for the 'ink'. The alcohol will help the ink dry faster.

homemaluhia Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:20am
post #6 of 6

@letsgetcaking: Yes, I thought that would be great too, but I don't have access to an edible image printer. None of the bakeries in my area are willing to print an image to sell. Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%