Boy Girl Cupcake Idea That Go Together

Baking By BCo Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 1:14pm by BCo

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all -

So I have a birthday party for a little girl turning 9. The mother has requested cupcakes. 1/2 to be very girly/pink/etc. No problem, easy enough there, have a million ideas. The other half are to be decorated for the boys.....HELP - I want the cupcakes to somewhat go together as they will be displayed together at the party. I am having a creative block as to what to put on top of the boys cupcakes. Any ideas? The girls cupcakes will be either hotpink/black flowers/butterflies (with black or zebra liners) or I can go the soft pink/whites, sparkly route. The cupcakes will be iced with a buttercream swirl so it's just something that would be a topper/accent like the small flowers/butterflies for the girls....hope that makes sense!

I was thinking of doing stars or polka dots or little spirals of fondant (not sure of the color) for the boys but I'm blank after that I don't know how I should get them to coordinate!

6 replies
divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 7

Maybe if you do butterflies for the girls you could do bugs for the boys!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 7

Excellent idea Bturpin. Butterflies and ladybugs for the girls and then snails, spiders, worms for the boys. 9 year olds would love it.

BCo Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 7

That's an idea, I'll have to play around with that...I'm just trying to think what colors would be mature enough for a 9 yr old that would go with the pink stuff...maybe green? I think I may stick with the hotpink for the girls and do a dark neon green/blue for the boys

thanks so much!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 7

Purple/lilac? That goes with pink but it's not too girly icon_smile.gif I like the creepy crawlies idea for the boys, and cuter little critters for the girls.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:45am
post #6 of 7

I would probably go with 3 colors making the common color the main one for example
for the girl: use avocado green with pink, pink being the topper that is the butterfly or so...
for the boy: use also avocaod green with blue, blue being also the topper that is the bug or so...

that way if theyr displayed together there wont be a huge differnce in colors or go with black (main) , hot pink & royal blue....

BCo Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much for all the great ideas! I was thinking along the same lines...guess my thoughts were in somewhat of the right direction! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%