Need To Get The Most Out Of Cutting My Own Cc Wrappers

Baking By tryingcake Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 5:42pm by LisaPeps

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 6

Of course, I can't find it now. Just a week or so ago someone posted they can get 3 or 4 wrappers from one sheet. I can't remember who or if it was 3 or 4.

I'm using a standard size sheet of craft paper (8.5*11). All I can get is 2 no matter how I turn it. Does this sound right for this size sheet? I'm using really expensive paper - need to get the biggest bang for my buck.

I am not needing to follow a decorative pattern or picture on the paper - it's a solid color.

Thanks!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 6

Here's a link to cupcake wrappers in the templates/sketches/patterns gallery:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=wrappers&album=121&search_user=

HTH

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 12:57am
post #3 of 6

2 is the most you will get out of 8 1/2x11 if it is regular size cupcake. 3-4 probably could be cut from a 12" square sheet.

hollyheartscuppycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyheartscuppycakes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 6

I have a quickutz die cutting machine and I can get 6 wrappers out of 12x12 paper. They are a great investment and it's not as time consuming either.

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 6

I also get six out of my cricut using scrapbook paper which usually runs a dollar a sheet so it ends up being about .16 cents per wrapper. I can also get six out of cutting them out by hand but then you have to glue or tape them together the template I have for the cricut is made so they connect on their own.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%