Has Anyone Done A Cupcake Party For Adults?

Baking By Briarview Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 9:25am by laurenboxall

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:01am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone done a cupcake party and has any advice as to how to go about it. I want to do it at our next Cake Club meeting but really not sure where to start except make the cupcakes. Any ideas and information would be appreciated. Thanks

2 replies
pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:19am
post #2 of 3

I think everyone turns into a kid around cupcakes, they just bring it out!
I would make up some bags of icing (if thats the way your'e going) with whatever tips you've got. I don't know if you can get them but in Australia Multix make a pack of 5 (I think) disposable icing bags with 4 different tips for around $3.00.
Then just have a couple of bowls of sprinkles and maybe some basic cut outs from fondant/tylose. Set them up on the table and let them go for it.
I did it recently with my kids (two boys, 8 and 11) and my 3 teenage nieces and they just had an absolute ball. it was really interesting to see what they all came up with.
Have fun with it!

laurenboxall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurenboxall Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:25am
post #3 of 3

We did it at work for morning tea and everybody LOVED it! I had buttercake & chocolate cupcakes ans 5 different colour/flavours of buttercream. We then had lots of bowls of lollies, chocolates, sprinkles & fondant cut outs. Everyone had a ball making their own designs.

I would recommend setting it up on a long table, like a factory line and putting all the decorations in bowls to reduce mess (especially with the sprinkles!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%