Has Anyone Done A Cupcake Party For Adults?

Baking By Briarview Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 9:25am by laurenboxall

Briarview Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:01am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone done a cupcake party and has any advice as to how to go about it. I want to do it at our next Cake Club meeting but really not sure where to start except make the cupcakes. Any ideas and information would be appreciated. Thanks

2 replies
pixiefuncakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:19am
post #2 of 3

I think everyone turns into a kid around cupcakes, they just bring it out!
I would make up some bags of icing (if thats the way your'e going) with whatever tips you've got. I don't know if you can get them but in Australia Multix make a pack of 5 (I think) disposable icing bags with 4 different tips for around $3.00.
Then just have a couple of bowls of sprinkles and maybe some basic cut outs from fondant/tylose. Set them up on the table and let them go for it.
I did it recently with my kids (two boys, 8 and 11) and my 3 teenage nieces and they just had an absolute ball. it was really interesting to see what they all came up with.
Have fun with it!

laurenboxall Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:25am
post #3 of 3

We did it at work for morning tea and everybody LOVED it! I had buttercake & chocolate cupcakes ans 5 different colour/flavours of buttercream. We then had lots of bowls of lollies, chocolates, sprinkles & fondant cut outs. Everyone had a ball making their own designs.

I would recommend setting it up on a long table, like a factory line and putting all the decorations in bowls to reduce mess (especially with the sprinkles!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%