Has Anybody Used Hershey's Cocoa For Red Velvet?

Baking By Nick153452 Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 12:46am by 4realLaLa

Nick153452 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nick153452 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:14am
post #1 of 9

I just bought Hershey's Cocoa Natural Unsweetened, and I don't even know if this will work for Red Velvet.. DOes anybody know if it will? Also, if it will, has anybody had any good results with it?

Thanks in advance

8 replies
tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:41am
post #2 of 9

I use it in all my red velvets, tastes great!

BrownSugarTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrownSugarTreats Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:32am
post #3 of 9

I use the Hershey's Cocoa as well and I have had no problems out of it for my RV. I hope that it works well for you.

Nick153452 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:40am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Is it specifically this one??( http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products/hersheys-cocoa/natural-unsweetened.aspx ) I don't know if they have different kinds, but this is what I purchased. It was affordable and I am nowhere near the point where I have to make the best ingredient cakes, right now it's just advantageous that I bake. And decorate and push myself to do the best I can do.

deeann20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeann20 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:49am
post #5 of 9

i also use hershey's cocoa and i think its the best cocoa to use for Red Velvet

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:54am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick153452

Quote:

Is it specifically this one??( http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products/hersheys-cocoa/natural-unsweetened.aspx ) I don't know if they have different kinds, but this is what I purchased. It was affordable and I am nowhere near the point where I have to make the best ingredient cakes, right now it's just advantageous that I bake. And decorate and push myself to do the best I can do.

That's the one. It may not be the best of the best, super expensive, imported belgium chocolate, but it's a good cocoa. I grew up on it. Love the stuff. Makes fabulous hot cocoa as well, add a pinch of salt. Their factory is only a few hours from me. Love Hershey, love it!

Nick153452 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

That's the one. It may not be the best of the best, super expensive, imported belgium chocolate, but it's a good cocoa. I grew up on it. Love the stuff. Makes fabulous hot cocoa as well, add a pinch of salt. Their factory is only a few hours from me. Love Hershey, love it!

Great, I'M SOO EXCITED NOW!! Now all I need is the pans and stuff and some decorating things!!

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 9

FYI- I use Hershy's dark chocolate cocoa for my chocolate cake and when I tried this in my RV, it was much too dark and I ended up with burgandy velvet!

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 12:46am
post #9 of 9

I use it in all my red velvet cakes. It works well and not very expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%