Help Lots Of Questions :) New Here

Decorating By couponmomma1241 Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 6:25am by Sorelle

couponmomma1241 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:53am
post #1 of 2

if anyone can help me that would be great, this is my first time on this site, and looking to learn more been looking around on here for days... i have been making fondant cakes for a couple months with marshamallow fondant, but looking to change just dont like the consistency.. so what fondant do u use? i am looking into satin ice? but not sure if it would be good. the next question is, this cake, i am doing a damask print, i have the stencil and been practicing to anytips would be great too? and the last thing, the gems on here or diamons,? what do u think they are or how would i do them??

i cant get the picture to attach im sorry im new to this

1 reply
Sorelle Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:25am
post #2 of 2

The gems look like a brooch (non-edible) they are sold on-line google "wedding cake jewelry"or you can go to Clairs or one of those cheapy costume jewelry places and find them. Satin Ice is a pretty good fondant. I use it especially when I have lots of cakes to do. My clients like my homemade fondant better. Duff's is eh.. not so hot. I like to use homemade using Edna De La Cruz recipe (found at have used Michelle's recipe found here it is really good too, more time consuming but it has a great feel in the mouth creamier not as chewy as mmf.
Unless you've got lots of practice with stenciling you may want to get some help, black on white can be a nightmare.
Good Luck and Welcome you'll find that most of the people here are very helpful and VERY knowledgeable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%