I Wanna Quit My Day Job!!!

Decorating By MamaMia808 Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 5:50am by Evoir

MamaMia808 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 4:49am
post #1 of 4

My baking business is a side business but I'd love for it to be my main business! Unfortunately, my day job pays the bills and provides health insurance for my family. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands (literally) of dollars I owe for law school. icon_sad.gif Yuck. No point to this post. Just venting. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

3 replies
caymancake Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:17am
post #2 of 4

I feel the same way! But doing cakes full time is just not an option at this point. Thankfully my dear husband believes in me and we're saving to open a bakery in the future...may not be tomorrow but definitely is in our future within the next couple of years if all goes as planned!

cakegirl1973 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:21am
post #3 of 4

I read your post and had to smile. I am an attorney by day, who dreams of the day that I can become a caker by day. You are not alone! icon_smile.gif

Evoir Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:50am
post #4 of 4

I gave away my career in physiotherapy to become a cake decorator. It was the best thing I ever did. We moved house about 18 months ago, and I made sure the place we were buying had a dedicated large cake room for me to be able to work from home. I can say now I have never been happier than doing what I was meant to do, instead of what I was told I should do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%