Cream Cheese And Or Bc?????????

Decorating By graciesj Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 2:01pm by graciesj

graciesj Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 5

I've NEVER had a Red velvet cake, so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. The customer said he wants RV CAKE AND BC. then writes me a few minutes ago saying that I can do what ever I want.
So my question to all whom have experience with this is , should I stick with what he wants or go ahead and do a thin layer a CC and BC on top? I have 1 day to figure this out!!!icon_smile.gif))))

4 replies
vkat Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 5

Red velvet cake is done traditionally with cream cheese frosting. If he said you could do what you want, I would do cream cheese.

texanlostlover Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

I've had red velvet with buttercream and it tastes just fine. It is most popular with cream cheese frosting though. But I don't really understand why you would do a thin layer of cream cheese and then cover it with buttercream. Why not just frost the cake with cream cheese frosting? You can make a crusting cream cheese frosting so that you can put fondant on it, if that's what you're worried about. I found the one I use by doing a google search, but I'm sure you'll find a recipe if you search this site also. Personally though, I would stick with what the customer asked for--if they said they wanted Buttercream, I'd use buttercream unless you specifically ask them if they'd rather have cream cheese frosting and they approve.

Sangriacupcake Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 5

This one is a cross between BC and cream cheese, and it's delicious! I use it with RV, spice, apple, carrot, and dark chocolate cakes. It's also easier for me to smooth than a really soft cream cheese icing.

graciesj Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 5

Thank-you ladies.
vkat- yes he did say he wanted BC, but then said he trusts my judgment. And since I've never had or baked one, I'm up in the air with this oneicon_sad.gif)
texanlostlovericon_smile.gif-I just thought adding a thin layer would give them a little extra taste to the cake. So u say no to it then>ummmm
sangriacupcake- I do have 1 package of phili at home, so I can try this. It's just that this customer will not pay for it. So I'm opt to give her exactly what they requestedicon_smile.gif I have a lot of cake to fill, and for the $ I'm receiving I'm not sure...
what to do, what to do

Quote by @%username% on %date%