Cream Cheese And Or Bc?????????

Decorating By graciesj Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 2:01pm by graciesj

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 5

I've NEVER had a Red velvet cake, so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. The customer said he wants RV CAKE AND BC. then writes me a few minutes ago saying that I can do what ever I want.
So my question to all whom have experience with this is , should I stick with what he wants or go ahead and do a thin layer a CC and BC on top? I have 1 day to figure this out!!!icon_smile.gif))))

4 replies
vkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vkat Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 5

Red velvet cake is done traditionally with cream cheese frosting. If he said you could do what you want, I would do cream cheese.

texanlostlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texanlostlover Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

I've had red velvet with buttercream and it tastes just fine. It is most popular with cream cheese frosting though. But I don't really understand why you would do a thin layer of cream cheese and then cover it with buttercream. Why not just frost the cake with cream cheese frosting? You can make a crusting cream cheese frosting so that you can put fondant on it, if that's what you're worried about. I found the one I use by doing a google search, but I'm sure you'll find a recipe if you search this site also. Personally though, I would stick with what the customer asked for--if they said they wanted Buttercream, I'd use buttercream unless you specifically ask them if they'd rather have cream cheese frosting and they approve.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 5

This one is a cross between BC and cream cheese, and it's delicious! I use it with RV, spice, apple, carrot, and dark chocolate cakes. It's also easier for me to smooth than a really soft cream cheese icing.

http://designmeacake.com/cccbc.html

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 5

Thank-you ladies.
vkat- yes he did say he wanted BC, but then said he trusts my judgment. And since I've never had or baked one, I'm up in the air with this oneicon_sad.gif)
texanlostlovericon_smile.gif-I just thought adding a thin layer would give them a little extra taste to the cake. So u say no to it then>ummmm
sangriacupcake- I do have 1 package of phili at home, so I can try this. It's just that this customer will not pay for it. So I'm opt to give her exactly what they requestedicon_smile.gif I have a lot of cake to fill, and for the $ I'm receiving I'm not sure...
what to do, what to do

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%