Mail A Cake???

Lounge By sebrina Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 4:04am by sebrina

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 3

So my nephew lives about 500 miles from me & wants me to send him a soccer cake for his birthday! icon_confused.gif Any suggestions on the best way to mail a cake??? Besides driving the 8 hour trip up there? LOL!

2 replies
Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 3

I shipped an 8-inch round cake from GA to PA via UPS and it arrived in good shape. I had the blessing of a ready made cake box where a patient sent my husband a cake from a bakery about an hour away. It was sturdy cardboard with a styrofoam lining that was cut specifically for shipping 8-in. cakes. It had a place for dry ice and room to put your hands to place and remove the cake. It also had a piece of styrofoam for a lid before closing the box. It had a warning label that the box contained less than 5 pounds of dry ice. I froze my cake and purchased dry ice from a local grocery store, then shipped it. It was removed from trucks about 6 times before being delivered but arrived in good condition. I have looked into buying boxes as described but have not found any. Hope this helps.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 4:04am
post #3 of 3

Thank you! I'm going to give it a try! Fingers crossed...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%