Greenbay Green Trouble

Decorating By splymale Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 12:55am by joycesdaughter111

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 21

Any tips on how to create the green on the greenbay packers? It's like a forrest green.
Thanks

20 replies
EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:04am
post #2 of 21

I would actually love to know the answer to this too! I have had trouble searching CC and the net for the answer... I plan on using regular green and adding small amounts of black until I achieve the best color... I think Wilton actually makes a paste color that is "forest" green but the patch on the bottle doesn't really match Green Bay green so hopefully my plan will work out... Good luck to you!

EmilyJo9 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 21

Okay so I asked a fellow CC member how they did it and they used Wilton leaf green, Americolor black, and Americolor navy to achieve Green Bay green... Hope that helps!

MissJezabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJezabelle Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 21

Pick a better team with a better green...like say the Philadelphia Eagles lol...just kidding.

joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 21

icon_biggrin.gif I live near GreenBay, Wisconsin and have had to make this color before. Since the Packers are off to the
Superbowl, I thought I'd better help out. Start with leaf green or similar and keep adding a little moss green or forest green until it gets deep enough. A tiny tiny tiny amount of black may also help. Go Pack! thumbs_up.gif

EmilyJo9 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 21

Haha MissJezabelle I agree! Wish I didn't have to make the cake but can't help who made it to the Super Bowl! LoL...

Joycesdaughter111, Thanks for the input! I am starting tomorrow and I have all those colors and will be trying that out!

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 1:52am
post #7 of 21

Thank you from me, too!!! I just got a superbowl order.... my same old same old superbowl cake (the two helmet heads with faces of aggression facing each other) - but this year I need the GB green as well as Steelers colors.

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 21

Thank you Joycesdaughter111, I'll give it another try tonight!

joycesdaughter111 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 21

icon_smile.gif You are welcome everyone! You don't neccessarily have to buy the exact colors I listed. I've learned that several different greens can work when making Green Bay Packer green as long as ONE of the greens is mossy. Practice on a small amount of icing in a small bowl till you get it right. And if you do need to add the black, add it in teeny tiny pinhead small amounts. Happy caking.

Go Packers! icon_biggrin.gif

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:29pm
post #10 of 21

LOl what a funny topic! I have a husband that is a cheese head and I just did a foot ball palyer for his bday. I used a mix of juniper green, leaf green and a touch of black to get my color, cake is in my pics.

tryingcake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 10:54pm
post #11 of 21

what about the yellow? It doesn't seem like a straight on yellow. I have to make a helmet. So more yellow than green, I guess.

Thanks!

EmilyJo9 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 4:43am
post #12 of 21

I just made my helmet and for the yellow I used Wilton golden yellow with a little bit of Wilton copper... turned out pretty good to me...

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:04am
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingcake

what about the yellow? It doesn't seem like a straight on yellow. I have to make a helmet. So more yellow than green, I guess.

Thanks!

the one I did in mu phot's were wilton buttercup & yellow mix

tryingcake Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:14am
post #14 of 21

Thank you!!

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 6:06am
post #15 of 21

The way to get the green for Green Bay Packers, is you take a color called golden yellow and mix it into half of your white buttercream. Then take the other half, add a lot of black color and mix well. Use these two separate colors and when everyone asks you what is wrong with your colors on the cake, explain to them that you made the cake in honor of the better team. Hehe, just kidding.....(I couldn't let that pass!)....

signed, "bleeds black and gold"

tryingcake Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 4:30pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish245

The way to get the green for Green Bay Packers, is you take a color called golden yellow and mix it into half of your white buttercream. Then take the other half, add a lot of black color and mix well. Use these two separate colors and when everyone asks you what is wrong with your colors on the cake, explain to them that you made the cake in honor of the better team. Hehe, just kidding.....(I couldn't let that pass!)....

Very funny!! So not true.. The "G" on their helmets does stand for Greatness you know.....

but very funny! icon_wink.gif

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 4:48pm
post #17 of 21

I used the premade green Wilton fondant and added a bit of black (Satin Ice) and ended up with a shade that's very close. I haven't made up the yellow yet, but according to one website I looked at, they call it "taxicab" yellow so I bought Americolor Egg Yellow that looks like it should be pretty close.

Anyone with ideas how to make the G for the logo? The hubby gave me an idea, but it's a bit more labor intensive than I was hoping for.

EmilyJo9 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:33am
post #18 of 21

HaHaHa Irish245! Love it...

EmilyJo9 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:35am
post #19 of 21

VaBelle... I made a copy of the logo on my computer and printed it out and then used my Exacto knife to cut out the "G" and then traced it directly on my fondant... Worked good for me...

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 2:29pm
post #20 of 21

Thanks Emily! I figured that's how most people did it.

joycesdaughter111 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:55am
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish245

lol! This is so funny. But hey, Green Bay won!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%