Royal Icing Flowers On Wedding Cake

Lounge By Cakegirl1031 Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 3:37am by cabecakes

Cakegirl1031 Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 9

do you think royal icing flowers on a wedding cake is Tacky or just dont look good

8 replies
Unlimited Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 9

I think it depends on what type of flowers and what the bride wants.

IMO, I don't see the point using RI roses when BC roses would look the same (or better) AND they'd be edible.

If you're talking about drop flowers, they can be done to look nice even though fondant/gumpaste would look better.

So, is your poll about a specific type of flower(s)?

Cakegirl1031 Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 9

yes, morning glory. i dont know how to mack them out of fondant/gumpaste

Unlimited Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 9

I think Morning Glories would look fine in RI on a wedding cake. Beautiful even. So much better than flat drop flowers (which "could" look tacky).

Cakegirl1031 Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 9

thank you! this cake if for my mom and dad they are getting together again after 2yr of divorce. its will not be a wedding just a party at my home. they want to go to a JP

Unlimited Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 12:28am
post #6 of 9

Sweet! Nice of you to make a cake and have a party for their special event. Hope you have fun and everything works out for them too!

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 10:12am
post #7 of 9

Ok in Colette's book Wedding Cakes, there is a cake called Enchanted Garden which is COVERED in RI flowers. I think it's one of the prettiest cakes I've ever seen. I'm hoping to replicate it for my girlfriend's bridal shower in August.

It all depends on the design and how you color the flowers. Her flowers looked very realistic because she used different tones in the colors and dusted them with powdered colors after they were dry.

indydebi Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 11:58am
post #8 of 9

I'm kinda lost on this one. why would flowers made of RI look "tacky"? icon_confused.gif

cabecakes Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:37am
post #9 of 9

I think if they are made well they will look very pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%