Help!! I Need Help Making/finding A Template

Lounge By krissycupcakes Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 1:51pm by Dayti

krissycupcakes Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 7

Im looking to make a tree to hold cupcakes but not! a cupcake tree stand. i want it to look like a real fall tree i was thinking something along the ideas of cutting 2 pieces of foam core putting a slit in them and sliding them together but now that im ready to do it im starting to worry about stability and wieght distrubution Im looking to hold on and around it 12 cupcakes i want this to be really amazing and awesome its for a local artist and what a normal person might see as amazing might not cut it with this guy does anyone have any ideas plaese help....

6 replies
cabecakes Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 7

As long as you can find a way to attach the tree to a sturdy base you should be good to go. My biggest concern would be the tree falling over, but if you attach the tree to a board it shouldn't tip over. Maybe you could run a long bolt up through the bottom of a piece of plywood and make the tree out of a thin plywood. I don't know how to explain it, but have the base of the tree with the bolt incorporated in it...this way you can just screw the tree part down onto the bolt in the base. No tipping this way. You could put as many cupcakes on it as you wanted.

krissycupcakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 6:11am
post #3 of 7

thanks for the idea i think i might just secure it to the base i finally found a template and it worked out awesome!

letsgetcaking Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 7

What a cute idea! I'd love to see a picture of it, if you can share!

krissycupcakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 7

ill add it to my pics

letsgetcaking Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:14am
post #6 of 7

It turned out so great! I love it! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Dayti Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 7

Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%