Fondant Tips??

Decorating By Mo-Mo73 Updated 30 Jan 2011 , 7:38pm by cdgleason

Mo-Mo73 Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 6

Gonna start using fondant in decorating my cakes and cupcakes...anyone have any tips I could use??

5 replies
cdgleason Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 12:27am
post #2 of 6

there are hundreds of great tutorials on "youtube" and they're free!!!
you'll probably spend hours watching videos about fondant!

cylstrial Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:02am
post #3 of 6

hmmm...

1.be patient.
2. have fun.
3. when you crumbcoat your cake, just leave a thin layer of frosting, so that you don't have problems with your fondant sliding around and causing problems.
4. don't put too much corn starch/powdered sugar on the mat because it will dry your fondant out and you'll get elephant skin.

that's it for now. good luck and have fun!

Mo-Mo73 Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:29am
post #4 of 6

thank you both so much...didnt think anyone would give me tips...hopefully i will soon be posting tips and photos myself...=)

cylstrial Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, Cake Central is a wonderful place, full of people who are willing to share and help one another! If you have questions, just ask them. Sometimes it takes a little while to get an answer - but most people will help you if they can!

cdgleason Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 6

There's a great blog called " Art & Appetite" that has hundreds of free tutorials.... Its also posted somewhere on cake central... Perhaps in the "how to" forums..... Its by Rylan Ty.
There are all kinds of helpful hints for every skill level listed in that post/blog!

I found the link!! it should be very helpful!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654103.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%