Where Do I Get Those Rhinestone Embelishments???

Decorating By heater79 Updated 30 Jan 2011 , 9:22pm by dsilvest

heater79 Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone!!!
I have a client looking to get some rhinestone brooch's for her cake, Smaller size just to fit in the center of the bow on each tier.....I am in Canada and my main supplier does not carry them.....or anything close??? Do you buy them specifically for the cake (like from Wilton as an example)or do you look for some cool jewelery, sterilize and use that???
I am really not sure how to go about looking for this item!!!
HELP!!! Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
dressageviolist Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 11

Bumping, because I've been looking for them as well. Have looked in the jewelery making sections of craft stores, but found nothing as big as I see in the pictures.

costumeczar Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 11

Most of the big ones are probably just real brooches. Check out the jewelry departments at random stores and you should be able to find some.

sweetcakes Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 11

if you have a Sam Moon store, check there.

Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 11

are you meaning real brooches are isomalt.You could make isomalt ones...The have that new product out called Cake play and they are already in sticks you just microwave them..makes it much easier...

otherwise try those girls places in the mall like Claires or Reitmans etc...the places where they sell all the costume jewellry for teens.

cathie_shinnick Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 11

I got mine at wedding brooches . com

Normita Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 11
Originally Posted by cathie_shinnick

I got mine at wedding brooches . com

This place carries some nice ones for real cheap!! Gonna order some today icon_smile.gif

heater79 Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks Everyone, I will check the nearest Ardene's Store here in town and see what I can find! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

huskerfan Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 11

My daughter sent me a website to look at called fabulous brooch.com The prices are really reasonable. I can't say what their service is like since I haven't ordered from them yet.

dsilvest Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 9:22pm
post #11 of 11

Check Walmart, a fabric store for buttons or second hand stores. I have even had brides bring one that belonged to their mother or grandmother.

Quote by @%username% on %date%