How Do Decorate Number Cake.

Decorating By zespri Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 9:22pm by graciesj

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 4

Well, you'd want your tin to be about 2/3 full before baking. So why not get a jug of water, and pouring the water into the #5 tin, cup by cup. When you reach 2/3 full, you will know how many cups of batter you would need.

3 replies
sokelengl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sokelengl Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 11:17am
post #2 of 4

Thanks. Your input is very useful!

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 4

I looked at the website you listed and was surprised to read that the pan was not leak-proof and you should use a liner. I assume you were aware of that at the time of purchase. Anyway, the only number pan I have used was the Wilton #1 and I used about 6 cups of batter in it. If I'm not sure, I usually fill about 2/3 full and then put a pan on the oven rack below the rack the cake is on just in case it runs over. Hope that helps. Best of luck.

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 4

Hi, I made a #5 b-day cake this past november and it turned out great. I used 4 boxes. Fill it 2/3. I didn't buy the pan, I used a 11x5 square pan and did a 2 layer cake. You can even do 3 layers if you like. I filled it, reg/fre' it then carve it. It's up to you which way to go. I bought a football pan and let me telly I'd rather carve the damn thing. Sometimes it's just not worth the $ and time spent on it.icon_smile.gif hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%