Just Disappointed

Decorating By Balusekc Updated 12 Feb 2011 , 6:37am by saffronica

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:26pm
post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Some of our foreign members make such beautiful cakes but they often don't get seen because they are loaded in the middle of our night. Photos loaded on Fridays thru Mondays are often lost in the shuffle of the surge of weekend cake photos being uploaded.

That's why I prefer to look at the photos in the gallery rather than on the front page. I don't miss a single one! thumbs_up.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:29pm
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

That's why I prefer to look at the photos in the gallery rather than on the front page. I don't miss a single one! thumbs_up.gif

Me too! icon_biggrin.gif

For those of you that don't know, the best place to see photos is to click "Galleries" and then click "Latests Uploads". Or go into a specific gallery because the photos are organized from the last uploads to the first.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 8:00pm
post #33 of 39

Hey thanks!!! This way is much easier to view!!!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 8:10pm
post #34 of 39

I feel you OP. I have had 1 cake make it to the most saved bar (barely) and was pretty surprised by it. The two cakes I thought would make it didn't.

In fact, had high hopes for the cake I loaded today but no such luck. Most of my cakes are kids birthday cakes, this was my first grown up cake that was actually pretty good. Thought it would get more views and or comments but alas.

I have learned to give up on the comments; although, like everyone else I do love them so. icon_lol.gif

Hang in there! It seems to be the luck of the draw (and good photography). icon_wink.gif

BTW, your cakes are very nice.

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 9:04pm
post #35 of 39

I've seen several threads about this and always think, yep I understand about wanting to have your hard work acknowledged. I've been doing this for almost a year and although I don't get a whole lot of comments or favorites, I get some and it feels good. And I do have to admit that I check my gallery to see if I've received any favorites or comments. Is that the sign of a newbie? Will it wear off? icon_lol.gif

Now I'm feeling guilty that I don't comment enough. I look at TONS of pictures in the gallery and add a lot to my favorites, but I don't comment much. icon_sad.gif I am going to start commenting more now.

I save cakes that wow me but I also save cakes to my favorites if I want to use it for inspiration. When I start getting too many pages of favorites, I remove the one's I used for a specific idea that I've already applied.

Does anyone know, if I remove a favorite, does that bring that caker's favorites number down on that cake?

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 11:32pm
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbief

Does anyone know, if I remove a favorite, does that bring that caker's favorites number down on that cake?

Yes it does bring the number down but don't feel bad. Your gallery of favorite photos is yours and you should use it in a way that helps you the most.

sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 12:19am
post #37 of 39

I know exactly how you feel too. You put a cake on you're proud of & think did a decent job of & hardly anyone looks, adds, or comments. I try not to get disappointed but I still do.

However, I have to hold my hands up & say I am also guilty of just looking at the fave stream on the front page. That's if I have time to. I used to go to the gallery & look at new uploads but I never do now. Sorry icon_redface.gif

I also have to agree about the not so good cakes being the most popular but I thougt that was maybe just friends supporting each other. Which is nice if it is, because we all need encouragement & praise no matter what our skill level is.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 12:41am
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Me too! icon_biggrin.gif

For those of you that don't know, the best place to see photos is to click "Galleries" and then click "Latests Uploads". Or go into a specific gallery because the photos are organized from the last uploads to the first.

WOW!!! I didn't know that...thanks Kathy! thumbs_up.gif

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:37am
post #39 of 39

I rarely save a cake just because I saw it on the homepage and it's gorgeous. Usually when I save one it's because I'm looking for inspiration for a particular cake I have coming up -- and those are saved based on the design, not on how well it is executed. I even have some saved that are pretty poorly done, and not even very well designed, but I like one particular element that I want to borrow.

But I have to admit, I was pretty excited the day I saw one of my cakes on the Favorites list. I'm certainly not one of the best decorators on here, so I didn't expect that at all. And then I saw how many people had saved it.

Wait for it....

That's right, it made it on the favorites list with two saves. I guess I uploaded it at a slow time! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%