Marble Wasc Recipe?

Lounge By Manderly42 Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 9:45pm by cakenovice2010

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 7

I love the WASC recipe and planned on using it for a cake I'm doing this weekend. But my friend said she wants a marble cake! Think I can just take a portion of the batter and add cocoa powder to it like a regular marble cake?

TIA!

6 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 7

That's how I did it on Grandma's 80th birthday cake, I got lots of complements on the cake. I did a yellow cake with vanilla pudding (instead of sour cream) and took out 1 1/2 cups (per mix) and added 1/3 cup cocoa powder.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 7

I just take out 1c of batter per mix and add 2oz of melted semi sweet chocolate.

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks, SuzyNoQ! I also like the pudding instead of sour cream idea, too!

pmarks0 - never thought of using melted chocolate - is the consistency the same? How about the taste?

Thanks again!!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 7

Taste is good. I think the consistency doesn't change much really. I've not used the cocoa powder and that might change the consistency more that the melted chocolate. I like the melted chocolate because it blends easier, I think.

HaydenSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HaydenSC Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 7

We add slightly melted chocolate ganache to make our marble cake. It is totally, totally delicious! I places it pools some at the bottom of the cake layer when it is baking, making a little yummy hit of chocolate if you are lucky enough to get that piece!

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 7

I baked up a scratch vanilla butter cake recipe and reserved a cup of batter and added cocoa and sugar and kept taste testing until I felt it was right. It worked out really well and the cake was super yum!

I also used the WASC recipe for a marble cupcake and did the same and it turned out fine. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%