Gluten-Free Recipe For A Bachlorette Party...

Decorating By Amanda83 Updated 30 Jan 2011 , 5:11pm by Moondance

Amanda83 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make my Best Friend a cake for her Bachlorette party. I need a Gluten-Free recipe that I could stack and carve with. I am having a really hard time finding some. I have looked at what is in the recipe section on Cake Central but was hoping someone might know of some more. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! =)

4 replies
CrescentMoon Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 5

I've always substituted flour with the Tom Saywer "flour blend". in any recipe I make that needs to be gluten free. I've never had any complaints. Depending on how much time you have, you can order the "flour" online, or if there is a specialty store in your area, they should carry it. HTH.

gbbaker Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 5

Bob's redmill has some recipes that work well and Betty Hagman wrote several cook books.

aligotmatt Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

I just buy Bob's Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour and use it in my pound cake recipe if I have a gluten-freer. with butter, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla... it's fine. just don't sprinkle the pan with flour in the end.

Moondance Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 5

Hi, I am a coeliac and egularly use my GF flour to make any recipe - GF flour makes lovely cakes but they don't keep as well as those made with 'normal' flour. Good luck and Good on ya for taking the time to make your friend a special cake! We miss out on a lot icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%