Frecklepuss Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:46pm
post #1 of

Does anyone know if I can, or what will happen if I add raspberry jello powder to enhance a vanilla cake mix?? I am wondering if it will blend in nicely or end up like hard jello pieces throughout the cake. I am making this today so if anyone has any ideas, tips or just plain advice I would be greatful!!

Thank you

5 replies
stsapph Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:54pm
post #2 of

Should be fine. I've done this with lime and lemon jello in the past with no issue. Just be aware that the cake will be very bright! Granted, I was kinda going for that when I was doing the lime ones, so it was ok.

jenscreativity Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:00pm
post #3 of

It will work,,but honestly,,enhancing the flavor and all, isn't that much..I did it once, and really tasted no fruity flavoring all..I'd rather add a fruit filling in cake vs making it with the jello..but that is my opinion..to me, it was like adding food coloring to van. cake..good luck!

dsilvest Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:06pm
post #4 of

You might add the jello powder to the liquid to let it dissolve a bit first. Then add it to the dry mix.

Frecklepuss Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:45pm
post #5 of

Thank you so much for the replies everyone. I was actually hoping for flavor as I don't have enough fresh raspberries ... I think I will just make a sauce with what I have and swirl it in to the cupcakes!!

Thanks again icon_smile.gif

jenscreativity Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:09pm
post #6 of

That's a good idea too..swirl that in with cake if you don't want to do a filling and that will help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%