Can Anyone Help Me Find This Vanilla??

Decorating By fromkimskitchen Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 12:47am by warchild

fromkimskitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fromkimskitchen Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:32am
post #1 of 5

i work in a restaurant that uses a very concentrated vanilla. the gallon we have now has been around FOREVER. i would really like to be able to order some for my own use. i think it came from sysco food company, but the business owner doesn't use them anymore and the currant food company doesn't carry anything similar.

as it's been there forever, the label is so faded i can't really get all the info.

here's what i know...
it is a clear vanilla extract.
the instructions (written on the gallon jug by the previous business owner) is to mix 4 oz. to 1 gal water for use in the cake recipes.

from the label:
Henry & Henry
pur(ity) (va______)
artificial
vanilla flavor
16 (fold)

the stuff in () is what i think it says, but i'm sorta guessing on those parts, they so faded i can't really tell for sure

if anyone out there can tell me what i'm using and where i might find it that'd be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance,
Kim

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:42am
post #2 of 5

This isn't Henry & Henry, but it is a 16-fold vanilla:

http://www.parasolflavors.com/bakeryinfo.html

HTH

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 5

I did a little checking and it seems CSM Bakery Products acquired Henry & Henry in 1994. As its seems they've acquired many other independent companies.
I've added a link to CSM. Use their contact us link to inquire as to where Henry & Henry vanilla is sold in your area, or if it can be had online. It could very well be sold under a different name now. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you.
Good luck!

http://www.csmglobal.com/Countries/United_States_of_America/English/History.aspx

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 5

If it is clear, I am not sure it is real vanilla. Of course, the word artificial that you saw on the label may also mean it is not real vanilla. Thus, I would just google clear vanilla flavor and see what you get.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 12:47am
post #5 of 5

I forgot to add, Watkins double strenght artificial clear vanilla is an excellent product. Ive used Watkins for years and prefere it over pure vanilla. I am a sucker for the beans for special dishes tho.

Watkins double strenght vanilla is one of the few artificial vanillas that stands up to baking, the flavor does not fade, and if you're disatisfied with it, Watkins will refund your money.
Its not usually found in stores, mostly through Watkins reps or online. In my area anyway. Check your phonebook to see if you have a rep nearby and give it a try. You won't be disapointed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%