I am very new to cake making and I am in a contest. I am trying to duplicate the bar where the cake competion is at. Its owned by my girlfriends husband and thought it would be a fun project. I feel like this is turning into the million dollar cake. LOL! I apologize for all my questions but as I said I am a beginner and have looked everywhere I knew to look for answers..
1. How do I go about stacking 5 - 9 X 13 cakes with filling?
2. I am using edible brick sheets, can those be applied to buttercream frosting?
3. I need to make a railing around a deck. should I use gumpaste?
4. I used a mold and gumpaste to make people, they have dried but have crinkles in them how would I smooth them out?
A million thanks for any and all replies!!!! rough draft of how cake will look attached
1. Cake boards and dowels, or SPS.
3. Yes, if it has to be all edible.
4. Either try again with a tiny bit of shortening massaged in before molding, or try spack-filling with a bit of RI.
HTH! (best tip - use the google search button to find information on stacking or anything else you need help on. Just click "search site" - ie cake central - after you type in the thing you need information about! HTH)
Thank you very much for the information!!