Help!!! Edible Image For Cupcake Topper

Baking By rooch

rooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rooch Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 1

Hi there. I have been asked to make 150 cupcakes for a teenagers party. The mother emailed an image of the logo she wants used: it is the University of Michigan "M" with the kids name on top of the "M". The shape is square as it is bordered 2x in a square. I suggested because it is so detailed to do an edible image topper for each cupcake. She would like me to place the topper the way I do all of my cupcakes which is vertically standing on top of a big buttercream poof. I tried a 2" square of fondant (I will be adhering it to fondant) and the 2" square looked massive. I tried other sizes, 1.5", 1.65, 1.7 and 1.75 and I think I like the overall look of the 1.70" topper. Problem is I have never used an edible image and I really want to edge it in clear sanding sugar, however, I don't know 2 things. First, do I make the fondant square a bit bigger than the image so I can adhere sugar to fondant edge or does it go directly on the image and second, if so, and the image i like is 1.70", should I make the image smaller so that with the larger fondant it doesn't go beyond 1.7"? I am thinking that if the fondant is 1.7 and the image is 1.7 then the sugar will cover the border that she has as her logo. Am I making ANY sense????? Thank u to whomever actually helps me. I am desperate!!!!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%